Wednesday, February 15, 2006


A few years ago, somone told me to check out this book, Creative Visualization, by Shakti Gawain, which asks you to visualize what you want in life in order to receive it. I got through the first chapter, but I was unable to focus entirely on the topic. I think it had to do with the idea that if it was as easy as making it up in my head with consistency and some believablility, then why had I not won my Oscar yet or been on Star Search. I mean, I must've practiced those moments in my life incessantly and with complete conviction. So is Shakti just full of it?

My guru Oprah Winfrey says, "I do believe, and I have seen in my own life, that Creative Visualization works." So if she is saying that it works, perhaps I was not doing it right. Perhaps it is not about lip-syncing the situation but actually sitting down and meditiating into the moment, bringing it to fruition with all of your being. Sure I saw myself getting three and three-quarter stars, but did I really believe it?

As much of a spiritualist that I believe myself to be, mediatating does not fall onto my daily to-do list ever. It probably should, as six espresso shots spread throughout one day does not hardly shock my system. In fact, I attempt to meditate every morning before I leave for work, but it ends up being a twenty second sit-down at the edge of my bed where I just end up quickly remembering the parking whereabouts of my car on the street. So I wonder what would happen if I took a bit more time in the morning to actually visualize myself in a situation for the day. Perhaps, a little magic could actually find it's way into my existence if I open my eyes to it.

Tomorrow, I think that I will place myself on the edge of my bed and creatively visualize that there is no line for my americano in the morning. That I walk right in and go directly up to the counter. That it comes perfectly frothy with just the right amount of foam. If I can start there, I feel that my day can be perfect. I can take my car in to be fixed, and they can say that it will take no time, and that I should have it back in a flash. In fact, it will cost me less than the estimate says, and I will save some money. And there will be no traffic on the 101. And, they'll give me a silver mini cooper as my rental. Shit. If all goes according to my grand visualization, tomorrow should be glorious!

Fuck "should". It will be glorious.

And so it shall be, and all that business.

I mean, who knows what can happen from there.


Well, I do.


Four stars on Star Search, mother-fucker, that's what.




What about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home