Sunday, August 06, 2006

Driving home tonight from a good time in Santa Monica, my mind reflected on the masses of people that share this town, this earth, this confusion we call life. I was blinded by the grandeur of this thought, and the headlights from the traffic on the 110. There are really no words for all this. How big it all is. How much one's life counts in the flurry.

In a city like L.A., where so many struggle to make a place at the big kids table, it's easy to get caught in the tiny bubble of one's existence. "How I will get from point A to point B?", completely losing out on the millions of peeps I pass along the highway. Having gone out this weekend in so many social settings, it's mind-blowing to me how many lives we touch in one day. Yet still, it's not enough. Too many people to talk to for one day. So many sitting bumper to bumper, and we can't connect.

No wonder I can't find him.

There are so many people in between. Or perhaps, just a wall.
Who knows?

But the distance from here to utopia is miles long, and I can't seem to get over into the lane I need to make my interchange. I don't want to miss the road to greatness. I don't want to miss my true love exit. I want to make sure my directions are correct, cause I have gotten turned around before on my way to Success Junction. And evangelical Christians may want to let the air out of my tires.
What's a boy to do?

So many lights. So many people. This town is so big.

I want to build a village of like-minded souls and make music that touches all.

My hopes are large - the size of America and Africa combined.

What about it?

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Could your ideas and your writing be any sexier? Fuckin hell boy! Can't wait to meet you.
XO ME

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Angel said...

Thanks Eric - my words are sexy. Me, cold fish.

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home