Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In about two months, I will be thirty.

I know to some it doesn't matter - age ain't nothing but a number.

But life is so swift - I mean, someone said to me today, "this week is just flying by" and I paused to think, wow, it really is.

And then I said goodbye to a co-worker today who is off to a new company, and she and I have worked together for over two and a half years. And that just seemed silly to me, as the time we have had together I feel could fit into my pocket. Where does it all go?

And who exactly are we now?

We build up so many walls based on our insecurities and hopes and ways in which we want to be perceived, and I just wonder does that all go away? Do we ever get to show anyone the REAL essence of who we are? Will I just stop all that bullshit and finally be comfortable in my skin once and for all?

Someone once told me it would all happen one day. At thirty.

Which I will be, really less than two months from now.

Have I accomplished everything that I wanted to by then? No.

Have I accomplished things I never even dreamed of trying? Yes.

And so life is all a big surprise, and staying awake and being aware is the only way to really experience it fully. And since this week is just "flying by", I have no choice but to try and stay on high alert. I don't want to miss anything.

I mean, really.

I just want to have a good time. Is that so much to ask?

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home