Sunday, February 04, 2007

Such an amazing day.

Great group meeting with my writing crew. Everyone is doing such fantastic work! And I am having some breatkthroughs with my work that are incredibly exciting. Which of course sets me off into having amazing breakthroughs with life. Really seeing myself in my characters now. And understanding parts of me that had once seemed forbidden to pay attention to.

I can't deny parts of who I am.

Being in touch wholly with yourself really allows you to feel free with the moment.

Walking home on this balmy February night, I was listening to Imogen Heap sing an acoustic version of "Let Go". And the sound of her voice and the way with her words just got to me. I hold tension like a cactus does water. I retain. And it's no good. It keeps me biting my nails. It keeps me hooked on morbidity. Sure I can get random and end up rolling around with laughter. But the cage finds its way to lock quick. And I succumb back to being on call twenty-four-seven with my emotions. I mean, what is that?

"There's beauty in the breakdown."

So I am waging war with my sticky past. I am bearing arms against my issues. We gon's fight. Cause I am tired of feeling repetitive with my life. I am certainly tired of biting my nails.

My script is about moving on.

I think I'm trying to tell myself something.

What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Justin said...

All of our characters have really fun ways of teaching us about ourselves don't they? I mean, where else do they come from? Scarier still, what do I have in common with Coco...

...besides that one time.

Speaking of letting go. Did "what about it" bite the dust? I like what do you think. I mean she's cute and all, but "what about it" had that swagger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home