Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years from the day of great change for our generation, and I want to speak about fear.
The great enemy in this lifetime.
And the greatest weapon in this “war on terrorism” I keep hearing and reading about
And wondering about.

Wondering how a man such as myself plays a role in all this.

With my Starbucks morning and my corporate number ID that I punch into the telephone to announce my arrival each day at work.
Here I am GE, NBC, WHOEVER needs ME.
I am here to punch this clock and wishing there was a speed bag next to it.
I would write that word, “FEAR” on the speed bag and work it till my knuckles started to bleed.
And I would love it
Because
I am tired of fear punching on me.
Tired
of keeping one eye open when I sleep
And when I date
And when I ask questions
And when I smile.

I want fear to take a long walk off a short pier.

I want fear to suck a dick and choke.
I want fear to leave me alone.

Cause on this anniversary of the day of great change for our generation,
I want to get vicious on fear.
And know that my name is not a number
and
I am not an Americano.

That my place in this world thus far may be small on the grand weight scale of
universal growth,
But I am not done wondering

just yet.
I am not done wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home