Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's been a while since I have been compelled to write. Well not compelled actually - but just taken the time to compose something. And I got all depressed for a bit as Saturn makes it's final pass at his return in my chart. Astrologers say it is natural to get down at times during this process, as you are looking at your life at the closing of a stage. And I have to say that I have thought, "Oh my God, the home stretch of my thirties. I still rent and I am single." I mean, I have friends who are signing papers on homes and finalizing weddings. And here I am. Luckily though I have hit an impasse. I have truly accepted that my path is MY own. That comparing myself to them is not going to clear up any of my issues nor help me gain clarity on what would "better" my life situation. And it is certainly not going to help me figure out what my greatest potential is.

Last night, my roommate and I were talking about how most people do not allow themselves to live up to their soul's full potential. It was all based off of this awesome book that I just finished reading, called The Brief History of the Dead, by Kevin Brockmeier.In it, purgatory exists and looks incredibly like Manhattan. One exists in purgatory only as long as a living person remembers you. At that point that the last person whose life you touched dies, you disappear all together. It seems that Brockmeier is saying that it is our relationships then that define our existence. And it raises the concept that the point of this existence is to affect as many people as one possibly can in order to truly attain your soul's potential. But who knows.

I do know one thing. Complacency is not hitting your potential. Neither is going out drinking every night. Yes, everyone's path IS different. But the goal must be one that aims to positively change the world. Now how one goes about that without being Brad or Angelina is anyone's guess. But I do aim to touch the world. So I shouldn't expect myself to be there by 30. Not everyone can be Buddha or Beyonce. And not everyone owns a home by 27. But I have to remember that not everyone gets to produce a play in New York, even if it is off-off-Broadway. And not everyone gets parents who accept them for who they are. So I will just continue striving to be the best version of me taht I can be. And that is all I should ask of myself for now.

Unless you have any questions for me.

What about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home