Friday, March 24, 2006

Going to the gym is my favorite time of day. I love it because it is my 'me' time. When I don't have to answer phones or emails. I don't have to worry about what anyone wants for lunch. I don't have to talk business with strangers. I don't have to talk at all. It's also a place where I go to gather my thoughts on the life that I am trying to live when I am working. And the life I would like to create that can someday co-mingle my work with my life's goals. I get inspired with clarity in the blank moments that make up my eliptical run. And I get to spend time with my best friend, Phoenix, my Ipod. Yes, I have named my Ipod Phoenix. It's a long story.

So anyway, yesterday was this day where I was tripping on what to do with my job, and this possible offer that I had for another job. It was all quite mind-numbing, and I needed the work out to clear my head. I emptied my mind of thought and got on some machines. And in the breath of a back set, it hit me what I should do. I had spent the last few years afraid to move towards a career that could make me passionate. And I had stifled my passion in favor of safety. This is my life, and I don't want it to be looked back upon one day as a life that was lived safe. I don't preach safe. I don't believe in safe. So, how can I live safe? I would have to leave behind the security blanket I had wrapped myself in and try exploring a life that could possibly allow me closer to the one I had been dreaming of for so long.

And then Phoenix gave me Madonna's "Jump":

"There's only so much you can learn in one place
The more that I wait, the more time that I waste

I haven't got much time to waste, it's time to make my way
I'm not afraid of what I'll face, but I'm afraid to stay
I'm going down my own road, and I can make it alone
All work and no fighting
I'll find a place of my own

Are you ready to jump?
Get ready to jump
Don't ever look back, oh baby
Yes, I'm ready to jump
Just take my hands
Get ready to jump"

Madonna offered me consolation. As well as the great conversations I had with some choice friends who know me all too well. I turned down the offer. I am starting the search. And tonight I am going to see my new boxing trainer. So not only do I get my workout meditation time, but I get to hit things too.

What about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home