Monday, March 20, 2006

Sudoku is a logic-based puzzle that involves the strategic placement of numbers in a grid. According to Wikipedia, "completeing the puzzle requires patience and logical ability." On another site devoted to the game, Sudoku is described as "fun" and "challenging". I have never played the game, but I have seen it discussed at work, and I have gained a grasp on the idea of what it is. So, my brief knowledge of it allowed me to laugh when my friend and I got into a hearty discussion about relationships.

"Okay sudoku, I know."

"What?"

"Go on."

"Did you just call me sudoku?"

"Yes. When it comes to love and sex, you're sudoku."

I was brought back to college when I got into a huge fight with the person I was dating. "You are intangible, and you always will be. You will never let anyone get within four feet of you, emotionally." Or something like that. Those words haunted me forever and caused me such a complex. Was I intangible to others? It was further related to me that what was meant was that I only allowed people to know my persona and not my actual self. I remember defending myself with a comment along the lines of, "Well, you can never know someone as his or her private self." That was met with rebuttal. "You can if you allow someone in completely. That's a relationship." Ours ended very soon after that.

Now in all honesty, I took the sudoku thing lightly. In fact, being compared to a game that one enjoys while passing the time in a doctor's office forced me to realize that I probably need to lighten up entirely. When it comes to my outlook on love and relationships, I can be a puzzle that requires patience and logical ability. And let's face it, love and sex and all that business can be pretty damn sudoku. So it certainly doesn't need my crazy ass to complicate things more. I'm over sudoku. From now on, it's all Go Fish to me.

What about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home