Thursday, March 01, 2007

So I was all set to go to San Francisco this weekend. I would get a chance to visit some of my old stomping grounds, see friends, and take in some scenery as fodder for the current screenplay I am working on. It's what I 've been looking forward to most.



And then it got cancelled.



This morning.


And I can now only go back to SF in my head. Which is fine. I am still recovering from last week's debilitating flu. I can go see Zodiac!!! I can finally watch my Netflix (400 Blows and Inconvenient Truth). I can hit up my long-lost boxing class. I can ring in my friend's birthday with him on Saturday night. I can sleep in late on Sunday in what has become the world's most comfortable bed (let this be a warning to you boys - you won't want to leave...)

Anyway, all this means that I'm looking at the bright side of things, which makes me very happy. Angel 2.0 would have been miserable from this turn of events. However, Angel 4.0 is gonna be okay.

Which reminds me - today marks the four-week point from when Angel 4.0 (am I referencing myself in third-person robot now?) turns 30. Yes, four weeks from today, I will no longer be a man of my 20's.

What a trip. I'm stoked really. It's going to be the greatest birthday celebration ever! Now if I could only figure out where it's going to be. Details, details. Anyway, I have been somewhat of a control freak up until this point about my upcoming birthday. But I have put out so much energy as to what I want it to be, that I can't focus intention anymore. Now I just have to let it lie and see what happens. I know it will be fantastic. As James Baldwin once said, "Be careful what you set your heart upon, for it will surely be yours."

He also once said, "No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening each time, for the first time, for the only time."

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home